Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Heh, guess I should do some actual blogging...

OK, so the purpose of this blog is to do the stereotypical blog thing - chronicle the minutiae of my daily life. I doubt the interest to most, but I trust that Ele will be interested. Man, that girl's got it bad... ;-)

Nothing much exciting this morning - got up, got ready, went to work. Worked all day - fascinating...

Had some Storm drama to handle when I got home - as an admin, I do occasionally have to deal with wilful and persistent stupidity from a member. Hopefully the 24-hour ban with a threat of a 1-month ban next time will preclude the 'next time' entirely. Hopefully...

My brothers (R. and A., K. being interstate) showed up this evening. We shuffled Mum's sewing room around a little, re-assembled the final set of shelves, and finally mounted the new TV on the wall. Coax cable obviously wasn't going to reach anymore (since we were moving the TV a fair bit further from the antenna wall socket), so I hunted up some spare speaker wire in my room and spliced it into the cable. Occasional skipping, but the connection mostly seems good enough - we'll get a proper cable when we get a chance, but it's not urgent.
For the non-geeks:
With an analog TV signal, poor reception gives you fuzziness and static. With a digital signal, it gives skipping or occasionally visual artefacts. For the most part, quality is either perfect or non-existent. My speaker wires didn't degrade the signal significantly, but every join does so (and I've just introduced two new joins). Oh well, it works.

Oh, and my brothers actually give my new car some respect. Honestly, this thing's a couple of years off being a 'classic car'...

Working again tomorrow, so I'll have to get sleep. I had an idea today that I want to try out first, though - how to do a proper spiral in equart, which is something I've been trying off and on for years. I shall pause this writing and give it a shot...

*pauses*

Nope, that went nowhere. Oh, well...

Peace and love,
Pat

6 comments:

Denise said...

*waves at you*

...adding your blog to the Blooms section of mine! <3

Eljen said...

Got it bad, yes... which means I've got it very good. We clear? :P

Storm-drama is irritating, but you tend to handle it well.

Good news about the cables, too. I'm amused that the banana is so highly thought-of!

(Also, "proper" spiral... you don't mean the "golden" spiral, do you? It's an attractive sort of spiral, and probably a good maths puzzle to try EQing.) Sorry to hear that this spiral didn't work out...

*Leaves gentle hugs*... I'm hoping to find a mobile shop sometime tomorrow, love, or in the next few days. I will let you know the number ASAHP.

I love you.

Rene said...

that girl's got it bad <-- that made me laugh :P

Why didn't you just go out and get some coax cable? It seems so much simpler and time-effective then what you have done, methinks ...

musicalemotion said...

Ooh, flipping Blogger hasn't been emailing me when people comment on my blog posts! Uncool, Blogger...

*waves back to prosey*

We're clear, eljen, we're clear. And shiny, too. By "proper" spiral, I just mean not concentric rings pretending to be a spiral (eg. Broken Whirlpool). *snuggles*

Rene, I live in a country town and it was about 10pm. Where exactly was I going to get a long-ish coax cable? I did try the local supermarket, but that was my only hope (and false one, at that).

Rene said...

Whatever happened to the 24h economy? :P

musicalemotion said...

Rene: Cities like Melbourne are open 24 hours. Country towns? Not so much ;-)